Hoa Lu, 100 km south of Hanoi, was the capital city of Vietnam under the Dinh Dynasty between AD 968 and AD 980.Tam Coc - It is true that this area is often referred to as the Ha Long Bay on land.
- 8:00am: Leave the hotel at Hanoi.
- 10:30am: arrive at Hoa Lu Ancient Capital. In 968, Dinh Bo Linh declared himself as the King. Since then Hoa Lu existed as the capital for the next 41 years (968 – 1009), of which 12 years was under the Dinh dynasty – King Dinh Tien Hoang, the country named Dai Co Viet, and 29 years later was under the Le dynasty – King Le Dai Hanh. In 1010, King Ly Thai To moved the capital from Hoa Lu to Thang Long – present day Hanoi. Hoa Lu became the old citadel. In Hoa Lu there are now 2 temples have been built on the ground of the old royal palace, one is dedicated to King Dinh Tien Hoang, the other is to King Le Dai Hanh. The visit offers a chance to know more about part of feudal dynasties and historical periods in Vietnamese history.
- 11:30am: Leave Hoa Lu to Tam Coc at around 12:00pm. Having lunch in Tam Coc in a local restaurant and enjoy lunch served with goat meat which is famous as the local specialty .
- 1:30pm: 5 minute-walk to the boat station and start the 2 hour-boat trip to visit Tam Coc. Known as “Halong Bay on land”, Tam Coc are three limestone caves stretching along Ngo Dong river. The boat trip is a nice journey along the river with peaceful scenery of limestone mountains, rice paddy and the site of some temples along the way from Hang Ca (first cave) to Hang Hai (second cave) and Hang Ba (third cave).
- 4:00pm: Leave Tam Coc and drive back to Hanoi.
Arrive Hanoi at 6:30pm. Finish unforgettable full day trip at your hotel in Hanoi!
Inclusive: Transportation (private car/minivan), boat, Entrance fees, Speaking guide –English, Lunch
Exclusive: Drinks, Insurance, Personal expenses, Tips
Note: Biking are available on your request.